Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas

Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas with a special heart felt thank you to those who served for the freedoms of our wonderful nation. Since my son Joshua left for Iraq, I have a better appreciation of what that service requires. Many before him made the ultimate sacrifice and prepared a safer course for my son and our country. How do you thank a father, mother, wife, husband, son or daughter for such a sacrifice? As a father of a child in a hostile location, I fight the demons everyday but I trust in God for his purpose and protection. As the holidays loom closer, I will surely miss him more, if that is possible. Nevertheless, a plate will be set at the table and gifts under the tree as a reminder for all who are absent from their families.

No comments: